Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Trouble with "favorites"in IE?

I can't open the "Favorites"folder in Internet Explorer. I get an error message "location is not available". I believe this is because I renamed the computer and then I changed it back again , but not before I truly stuffed it up. How do I put in the right path for "Favorites"?



Trouble with "favorites"in IE?microsoft templates





It could be a permissions thing i.e. you are no longer the owner of this folder therefore you do no have permission to view its contents.



You will have to re-acquire ownership of the folder.



If you have Windows Home edition then you will have to renoot your computer into safe mode and login as the Administrator. Use My Computer to navigate your way to the Favorites folder. Right click it and select Properties and then click on Security and acquire ownership of the folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan