Sunday, November 29, 2009

Do you ever borrow...ie take....anything from your work?

Ok I was wondering do you ever take things from work? If so what are they...and NO I am not your employer...I was just wondering since my friend always takes pens and pencils and I always take post its....what do you take?????



Do you ever borrow...ie take....anything from your work?download windows xp





Often, I bring work home, so I do take the required supplies necessary for that part of my job. However, I also bring in many of my own supplies from home, because of my personal preferences (quality pens, etc.).



The only other things I take are the empty boxes %26amp; scrap paper (used/mistakenly printed). Occasionally my boss is known to give out old or obsolete things to anyone who wants to take them.



Stealing is wrong, but if I end my day with those mini-post its in my pocket, accidently, sometimes I forget to bring them back to work, unless it's like a brand new pack or something.



Do you ever borrow...ie take....anything from your work?ies internet explorer



I try not too. If I ever find that I have erroneously taken a pencil or pen home, I try to bring it back as soon as I discover my mistake. However, this does happen, that I have something at work in my possession as I travel home....
It's interesting to think that you would approve of this. I know, it's only pens, or post it notes, or whatever. But this adds up. Every time you go to a store, and pay inflated prices, or an employee is unable to get a pay raise, because an employer is covering the cost of shrink, there are employees like you who think that it is ok.



Ugh!!!



And to answer your question, nothing.
anything i have taken from work has just been a boo-boo, i take it back the next day. stealing is wrong, if you really need something just ask, and the employer will most likly just give it to you. of course where is the excitment in that?
Nothing, it's called being honest.
Back in '99, when I was a security guard at Don Shula Hotel and Restaurant, I used to take food from the kitchen all the time. Mostly croissants, but once in a while I'd get lucky and get a steak or a burger. I don't take anything from my job now since my job takes place at other peoples' homes. That might be pretty bad for sales.
only stuff that isnt used..lol
I know a lot of people who do use company supplies for their personal use and have always felt that it was wrong. My employer extended great benefits to me, e.g., insurance, vacation pay, personal and sick days, etc. and allowed me flex time when my children were ill. Using supplies paid for by the company for my personal use would be the same thing as stealing. If you find that you are in possession of something that you have absent mindedly taken, it should be returned asap.
It is not "borrowing" if you take things that belong to your company and bringing them home. Borrowing means that you took an item and is going to return it one day. Like borrowing a book from the library. Obviously, it is going to be returned when you finish the book. So, are you going to return the post its. No. You have money to buy post its. So, you are stealing.
I take all the things that I use at home. I take pens, paper, staples, and if I could I would take ink cartridges. Yes, I'm a thief but I also save myself money. If they paid me more I wouldn't have to steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan