Sunday, November 29, 2009

Can you help with IE update...?

Yesterday, I clicked on an update button and voila...IE7 was installed. I don't like even one thing about this new version. I have stuff on here, that I don't want, and I have lost stuff that I do want. All my settings are different, even the fonts. I hate it. I want to get rid of the new IE7 and re-install IE6, but I'm not finding a way to do this, even on the MS website. Can you help, because I truly am about ready to smash it with a sledgehammer. Seriously...



Can you help with IE update...?ie 6





uninstall instructions state to go to control panel - add/remove programs, select show up dates, to uninstall ie7



Can you help with IE update...?windows vista internet explorer



use system restore



Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore
A quick check on the microsoft site shows only version ie7. if you click into version 6 you just get a link to version to download it. Looks like if you have updated you are stuck with it.
First off, using IE6 is probably the WORST thing you can do on a PC. It is so unsecure, it has probably been downloading viruses and spyware without you knowing it one bit. IE7 is a little bit securer on the other hand. I admit, IE7 is hard to use, but if you look around, you will find everything.



What I deeply recomend, is to download Mozilla Firefox and begin using that as your primary browser. It is much more secure than IE.
I had a similar problem and got several good answers. Search for my question and check out the answers. I used System Restore and got rid of IE 7.0 and things seem to be working fine now.
Since you've installed the finished version the only way to get rid of it is to boot to your Windows CD and run a "repair installation". Despite what you're going to hear from 12 year olds in this thread, the finished version CANNOT be uninstalled via Add/Remove Programs or by doing a "system restore", only the "beta" versions can be uninstalled that way. You cannot simply attempt to install IE 6 either because it will refuse, saying "there is already a newer version on this machine".
I had the same problems. The first two times that I tried to download it, my computer froze. When it finally worked, I didn't like the layout and couldn't find old familiar links and tabs.



Run a "System Restore" and your computer will go back to IE6.
You should just download IE6 and do not install it just save it in PROGRAM FILES. Then you go START MENU and then to CONTROL PANEL: ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. Look for IE7 and REMOIVE IT. ONCE DONE go to program files and reinstall IE6 this should work for to fix the problem for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan