Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How can I get IE 7 off my computer? I already tried to use the Add/ Remove feature from the Control

I do not use it, I did not install it and I do not have Auto Updates enabled. The "Not Me" that lives at my house must have done it. It shows up in the Add\ Remove program list, but there is no option to uninstall it...very strange. My problem is that Real Arcade will not work on a machine that has it installed and I have a lot invested in Real Arcade games and would like to play them, so I need to get IE7 off my machine. I have even tried the removal tool and that does not work either. I have several computers and it is only on one, but it is just annoying and I am not about to pay Microsoft to resolve it for me. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks.



How can I get IE 7 off my computer? I already tried to use the Add/ Remove feature from the Control Panel.?nintendo ds browser





do a system re-store.go back the day you installed ie7. this should work......



How can I get IE 7 off my computer? I already tried to use the Add/ Remove feature from the Control Panel.?windows 98 internet explorer



You have to unistall the IE update, not the actual software. When you go to Add/Remove, tick the "Show Updates" box and select th IE7 update. This will roll it back to your previous version.
If you have XP then you should be able to roll back to a point prior to when IE 7 was installed. Look at reverting back...
I knew there was a /command line and Registry Edit that did that, please note, as always, make a backup of the current 'almost' stable OS, any Documents, e.mail, or settings or programs that you may lose. Stuff happens, data gets corrupted, files get splooged, backups are the remedy.



http://www.mcse.ms/message2155596.html



From that forum/newsgroup:



First try uninstalling via Add/Remove Programs. (Make sure Show Updates box



is checked)



If IE7 isn't found there, try the following, compiled by/courtesy of MVP



Sandi Hardmeier:



Run the commandline



%windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spunins... xe



(replace %windir% with the path to your Windows folder, most often



c:\windows). Make sure view hidden folders is enabled via Control Panel,



Folder Options.



or



Go to the key



HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\I... Explorer



Right click on Internet Explorer %26gt; New String Value %26gt; Name that value



InstalledByUser (the value of the new String should be your User Account



name) %26gt; Uninstall IE7 via Add/Remove Programs.



Beta testers of IE7 Public Preview are asked to post their comments to



microsoft.public.internetexplorer.gene... newsgroup.



On the web:



http://www.microsoft.com/communities...o... general



In your newsreader:



news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...p...



--



~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)



MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org



chdudley wrote:



%26gt; I know this is the forum for IE6 - but I have a problem I can't find a



%26gt; solution to...



%26gt;



%26gt; How do I uninstall IE7 completely - I DO NOT LIKE IT - it's too slow and



%26gt; its UGLY



%26gt;



%26gt; I have tried the steps listed in another thread and in plain english - IT



%26gt; DOES NOT WORK



%26gt;



%26gt; I want IE7 off my computer - can someone PLEASE tell me how - in plain



%26gt; english how to get rid of it?



It is geeky, yeah, but it can be done.
Return to Internet Explorer 6 from IE7



To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP



Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."



Click "Add or Remove Programs."



Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.



Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove."



Uninstall that,restart your PC and you are on IE6



http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa74...



How do I... Uninstall Microsoft Internet Explorer 7?



by Mark Kaelin | More from Mark Kaelin | 11/16/06



http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/510...



Uninstall IE7



If your installation of IE7 was successful and uneventful, then uninstalling it is relatively simple process. The following steps will uninstall IE7 and restore IE 6.



1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.



2.Click Add or Remove Programs.



3.Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 7, click it, and then click Change/Remove.



If for some reason Windows Internet Explorer 7 does not appear in the Add or Remove Programs you should:



1.Open Windows Explorer



2.Click Tools | Folder Options



3.Click the View tab



4.Make sure the radio button next to Show hidden files and folders is on



5.Click OK



6.Click Start, and then click Run



7.Type: %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe into the text box and click Enter



To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 and restore Internet Explorer 6 when using Windows XP or Windows Server 2003



1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.



2.Click Add or Remove Programs.



3.Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 7, click it, and then click Change/Remove.



If you cannot find Internet Explorer 7 in Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Run, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and then press ENTER.



Note: %windir% is the location of your Windows directory, which can usually be found at C:\Windows. To do this, you need to have "view hidden folders" enabled.



If you find yourself still needing help uninstalling Internet Explorer 7, check out the IE7 release notes found on the Microsoft MSDN Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan