Friday, November 27, 2009

Can I install programs (ie Office) directly on my Western Digital My Book hard drive and run it off

I want to install my software to the external drive and run it off of it. so i can use it on multiple computers



Can I install programs (ie Office) directly on my Western Digital My Book hard drive and run it off the drive?microsoft word download





As far as I know this is not possible.



You might want to look at u3 technology, which are thumbdrives that are able to run certain applications. There are several applications available, including a light version of Office. Some applications are free, some are chargeable.



This can be very useful if you are working in the IT line and while you are working on a server that doesn't have Office installed, but you want to look at the Word document or Excel spreadsheet that you have on your thumbdrive. The application runs on the thumbdrive.



I don't know if the u3 can be installed on an external harddisk as well, but definitely for MS Office full version, your license also won't allow you to run it on multiple computers like that, so I'm sure they will have blocked that option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan