Saturday, April 24, 2010

Since I upgraded to IE 7, Yahoo e-mail has no way to insert smileys, change fonts, etc. Answers??

I had the same problem and have solved it but it is not easy to explain. A long detective story here which I am not sure I can adequately summarize here. First let me say that IE7 is no longer a beta install as someone else said, it has been fully released by Microsoft.



Solution: Do you have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed? (Check Control Panel, Add Remove Programs). If so that is likely your problem. You very likely don't need it and I suggest deleting it (using Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs). You could reinstall v. 1.1 as that one is not a problem.



Background: Check the Microsoft IE7 Support website: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/supp...



4th question: "My favorite websites don't load correctly.......", download the tool, and verify that spoofing IE6 allows you to see your Yahoo Mail OK. If so then go to the Microsoft site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defaul...



for further explanation on how User Agent Strings work.



The problem is that .NET 2.0 creates a User Agent String that Yahoo Mail is not recognizing (no doubt they will eventually but who knows when). Yahoo Mail has not configured their servers to accept the combination of IE7 and .NET 2.0.



Hope this helps, it did for me, I had exactly the same problem you described (on 2 computers no less) but no longer. I managed to find this out because my 3rd computer had no .NET Framework at all (and never missed not having it as Sun Java is the predominant software for IE applications).



Source(s):



Myself, I got no help from AT%26amp;T Support, or from Yahoo Mail Support, or Microsoft's Support Center (in India).



Since I upgraded to IE 7, Yahoo e-mail has no way to insert smileys, change fonts, etc. Answers??microsoft support





i've also noticed some issues with ie7 page rendering etc... i think they might have built this one from scratch (?)



yahoo e-mail can also be accessed using a "beta" version that loads like a program, with drag and drop functionality... it's called yahoo mail beta, try it, it should allow you to format your e-mails



Since I upgraded to IE 7, Yahoo e-mail has no way to insert smileys, change fonts, etc. Answers??windows live mail internet explorer



I have the same problem--seems like a lot of people do. I would like to know what is going on. I would not have upgraded to IE 7 if I knew my Yahoo email was going to be downgraded. VERY FRUSTRATING. I requested help but received no answer from Yahoo Customer Care.
i havnt had that problem :) maybe its just ur networking
thats odd. I have had IE7 for a while and dont have that problem.
Beta products are no good. There is zero conversion value.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan