Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have vista and IE version 7.0.6 and at the top right corner where I usually have my yahoo search..

there is a " new google search" but when I type in my search query it takes me to "google" but the site is actually searchgateway.net, there isnt an option to remove this search, help.



I have vista and IE version 7.0.6 and at the top right corner where I usually have my yahoo search......?windows nt





It sounds like your computer is infected with spyware, trojan or antivirus because your search bar has been hijacked. My guess is that your registry has been changed to alter the searchbar.



If you have the programs, run antivirus, antispyware, and antitrojan. Try Windows Defender and whatever security programs came pre-installed with your computer.



If you don't have these, you can get them free at downloads.com. I recommend, free AVG anti-spyware, 30 day trial with Counterspy, and a 30 day trial with Kaspersky (antivirus). If you don't want to do the trials, then try ad-aware, spybot search and destroy and AVG anti-virus free edition.



Good luck.



I have vista and IE version 7.0.6 and at the top right corner where I usually have my yahoo search......?windows 95 internet explorer



Isnt there a drop-down arrow of somesort?



(I am at school, so I don't think I have IE 7)
There is a blue magnifiying glass icon to the right of the search text box... click on the pull-down menu next to it %26amp; select "Yahoo! Search."



It sounds like IE7 is defaulted to this SearchGateway engine. To change the default go to that same pull-down menu I mentioned above %26amp; select "Change Search Defaults..." and set Yahoo as your default.



If that doesn't work, it sounds like you've got some weird pluggin that mucks around with your settings... Hopefully that's not the case. Best luck to you!
This is what my husband would say. If you have any of the Windows version, use them because many people he's come across have had problems with Vista. He tells people not to use Vista because the software sucks so bad. He tells them to use like Windows 98 and up. Forget Vista. And there is a way to get rid of Vista off your computer. I just can't remember.



Also John Gault talked about anti-virus stuff, don't listen to him. We downloaded a anti-virus called Avast and you can download the free software. You just have to provide your email address and you can get a 90 day free trial, then when that is up, you can get a whole yr of the Avast as long as you have the email address. It really works and you pay nothing. It is absolutly free. As long as you download the home edition, not the work edition.



Good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to send me a email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan