Saturday, April 24, 2010

Can pregnant women paint? ie their nursery?

Sure! Just make sure the room is well ventilated. Open the windows and blow a fan toward it so you breathe as little of the fumes as possible.



Kat



Can pregnant women paint? ie their nursery?microsoft windows xp





Yep. I did. Just make sure it's well-ventilated.



Can pregnant women paint? ie their nursery?ie 7 internet explorer



You should not paint in the first trimester. After that, it's generally ok as long as the room is well ventilated and you take frequent breaks.
Pregnancy is not an illness. You can do anything you want.
Its not recommended because paint does release toxic fumes. But if you cant trust your partner, or you really want to be involved, open all the windows in the room, set up a fan for ventillation and get a face mask. Oh, and dont forget to have fun. *smiles*
Yes, and NO



You shouldn't paint but if you really really want to, then go and buy a mask at the store. They have the high-tech mask that make it ok for pregnant women to paint. But if your going to paint, you shouldn't be more than 4 months along.
no, i wouldnt try it
Absolutely!!



I was painting the day b4 I went into labor... Of course I didn't know that at the time. To be extra safe I bought baby safe paint from babysupermall.com. The reason I liked it so much was because they said it was safe for me and it has no lead in it that the baby can inhale. You can also get a color that matches your baby's bedding. The biggest challenge for me was keeping my big belly from touching the wall :)



Good luck!!!
I asked this same question on yahoo about 4 months ago. Yes, it is safe, my doctor allowed me to do it, which I did. Me and baby are still doing great. Just make sure to have ventilation, a fan will help too. Also take breaks, it can be very exhausting! Good luck!
Yes, as long as the room is well ventilated.I have 2 kids and painted each of their rooms during my pregnancies :)
I asked my doctor about this b/c I wanted to paint. He said that it was okay as long as the room was well ventilated AND I wore a mask at all times. Any fumes that take place of the air you need to breathe can cause dizziness and such, so the ventilation and mask prevent this. You will hear arguements for both sides(my husband's grandmother who lives over 1500 miles away wanted me to stay at the motel in town while the painting occurred and was willing to pay for it), but if your doctor okays it, don't mind them. However, we don't know your particular medical history, so make sure to ask the doctor, especially if you have asthma or other lung problems.
I think you can but then again I didn't paint my sons room due to the fact we live in an apartment and to do any kind of maintenance we have to have the front offices permission.
If you are not single - tell your partner you can't paint so they have to do it. This is one of those times where it's best to err on the side of caution. Our doctor advised my wife not to paint during her pregnancy. He also advised us not to paint the nursery less than a month before the baby moved in there.



If you do decide to paint; follow the advice of others here(ventilated room, face mask, water-based paint...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan